This is a monochrome LCD module comprised of 84×48 pixels that can be used to display rich graphics and text content. Though it’s an industrial module, this LCD display is extremely easy to use. This module is a revision that accepts 3-5v input. So no extra level shifter is needed. To have full control, you just need 5 pins. and as a classic display module among open source communities.
It uses the PCD8544 controller, which is the same used in the Nokia 3310 LCD. The PCD8544 is a low power CMOS LCD controller/driver, designed to drive a graphic display of 48 rows and 84 columns. All necessary functions for the display are provided in a single chip, including on-chip generation of LCD supply and bias voltages, resulting in a minimum of external components and low power consumption. The PCD8544 interfaces to microcontrollers through a serial bus interface.
Pin Configuration :
CE– chip selection
DC– data/commands choice
DIN– serial data line
CLK– serial Clock Speed.
LIGHT– backlight control terminal
GND– power negative
- 84 X 84 dot matrix LCD, can show 4 lines of characters.
- Use serial interface communicate with the master processor, the number of interface signal lines reduced greatly, only 8 signal lines including power and GND.
- Support different types of MCU, such as the Arduino, AVR, SPI, MCS51 and so on.
- Transfer rate up to 4Mbps, can full speed write display data without waiting time.
- Can use the conductive glue to connect the module with the printed board, without cables. The metal hooks on the module can fix the module on the printed board, which is very easy to install and replace.
- Low power supply, the working current in normal situation is lower than 200µA and has the power-down mode.